About Westside Business Women Inc.
Westside Business Women Inc. (WBWI) is a member based not-for-profit based in the Greater Springfield area connecting, supporting & inspiring women in business.
Originally established as Westside Business Women in 2004 when a small group of enterprising women identified a need for a networking group for like-minded women to learn, share information, build relationships, inspire and be inspired.
In December 2008, a new management committee of volunteers registered Westside Business Women Inc. (WBWI) as an incorporated not-for-profit organisation. It was then that wheels were set in motion to build a framework for a socially responsible enterprise to support women in business to reach their full potential while providing opportunities for them to collaborate to help other women. Today, we continue to be committed to empowering women to achieve success on their own terms. We strive to provide opportunities for business owner’s, professionals, students and community leaders to connect, learn, share, gain inspiration and help each other succeed.
As a not for profit operated by volunteers, giving back is at our core. We believe as we succeed in business it’s important to help our community succeed.
WBWI gives back by:
- Offering scholarships eg. WBWI Business Study Award
- Gifting tickets to community volunteers to attend our International Women's Day Breakfast (GSIWD) as our guests to say thank you
- Supporting women abroad through KIVA mico loans
- Raising awareness for women's health issues eg: Bowel, Breast & Ovarian Cancer
- Supporting other Not-for-profits ie. Domestic Violence Action Centre with donation of care packages
- Advocating for our member's collective interests ie. attending forums like the community cabinet
When you join WBWI, you join a community of business people who encourage, support and inspire each other.
- To promote a strong network between our members
- To encourage trade and information sharing between our members
- To provide a voice for business women
- To enrich the lives of women through friendship
- To provide access to professional and personal development information
- To provide an avenue for the recognition of achievement of women in business
WBWI Management Team:
President & Secretary:
Glenda Haig - Next Phase Life Coaching
Treasurer & Marketing Chairperson:
Tracey Edgar - PPD Creative