Westside Business Women Inc (WBWI) is committed to nurturing academic achievement fostering entrepreneurial skills and each year an WBWI Award is granted to a female wishing to further her tertiary studies.
This award was established in 2013 by WBWI and is maintained through the annual International Women’s Day Breakfast event by the generous contributions of businesses and friends of WBWI.
Value & Duration:
The award provides $3,500 as a one-off payment.
The finalist will have access to coaching, entrepreneurial workshops and media visibility.
Applications close: 21st March 2017
To be eligible for this award you must:
- be someone who lives, works or studies in the Greater Springfield area;
- be a female who has an interest in business studies;
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status;
- be enrolled in either first or second year of a Bachelor of Business program in 2017;
- have achieved either a GPA of 4 or a high academic achievement at TAFE in business studies or be in Year 12 and predicted by your school to achieve an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank for tertiary entry (the applicant to provide official verification of tertiary ranking to WBWI as soon as practicable);
- be able to demonstrate financial need at the time of application; and
- have significant leadership, sporting, and community service achievements.
Terms and conditions:
Those involved in the administration and selection processes for the award will treat all information and documentation supplied as confidential.
Acceptance of the award offer cannot be deferred. If a student declines the award offer, the award will be offered to the next eligible student.
Selection of the successful applicant will be made primarily according to demonstrated financial need and connection with the Greater Springfield region and who has demonstrated academic achievement, record of leadership and community engagement. Applications will be identified though USQ, TAFE and High Schools in the Greater Springfield area.
The successful applicant will be invited to assist in WBWI’s promotional activities and community engagements. A reasonable degree of attendance to WBWI’s events and possible speaking engagements will be discussed in the selection process.
WBWI will present one award each year on the recommendation of the WBWI Board. The specific amount for this award may vary from year to year dependent on the funds available by WBWI.
Submitting Your Application:
Please prepare your application in a Microsoft Word file and include attachments as follows:
- a covering letter outlining the applicant’s reasons for applying for the Award (one page maximum). Please include your current contact information;
- a version of your academic transcript;
- a curriculum vitae that includes details of academic achievements, sporting achievements, community service, leadership positions held at school, university, workplace or community;
- an outline of your aspirations and career goals for the future;
- a statement of no more than 200 words indicating how the award would assist in addressing financial hardship; and
- two (2) references from either: lecturer, teacher, community member or employer.
Note: Late applications cannot be accepted.
The recipient of this award will be determined by a panel of WBWI members and the selection is completely at their discretion.
Applications must be completed and presented by the 28th February 2017.
Short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview.
The recipient is selected and contacted.
The award will be granted by WBWI on the recommendation of the selection committee.
Any other matter that the selection committee considers relevant to the applicants future success in the business profession.
Method of Payment:
The award is paid in one installment of $3,500 at the beginning of the semester of study in 2017.
The award recipient is required to submit an end of year report to WBWI outlining their progress and achievements.
Westside Business Women Inc
Note: WBWI reserves the right to alter the conditions of the award based upon exceptional circumstances and the right to not grant the award in a given year.